Monday 21 May 2012

Oh the muscle soreness......

Source: Pinterest
Saturday was my first proper training session since having a baby (who is now 10 months old) In fact it's really my first full on training session since falling pregnant (I walked and did pregnancy pilates throughout my pregnancy and have walked, done a few light training sessions and some pilates since having our little man). Oh the pain both during and after the session!!


I need help loosing the last few kilos of baby weight and trying to get back some semblance of fitness. So I have started back group training with my old trainer who is really good and a nice guy to boot. I started training with him 3 years ago and was successful in shedding 7kgs and being the fittest I have ever been. I am hoping by working with him again I can do the same.


The challenge this time around is being the most unfit I have ever been and finding the time to train. 


My trainer said the first session is always the hardest and he wasn't wrong. I really noticed the toll having a baby takes on your body and fitness. Fitness is such an unforgiving thing. It takes a long time to build up and seemingly half that time to loose it. I made it through the session and even managed a weak smile at the end but not since morning sickness did I feel that sick. 


My goodness, the muscle soreness!! It hurts to do everything. As much as it hurts it's also a good feeling because I know I have worked hard and hopefully, if I can keep it up, I will see results.


I just need to get my diet under control too. Since having our little man I have definitely not been as disciplined with my diet as I once was. 


It's all a work in progress and I hope I will succeed. 


Wish me luck!


I would love to hear how any of you have gone about loosing any unwanted kilos or just wanted to increase your fitness.


Jx



No comments:

Post a Comment