Monday 30 April 2012

Paris in Colour



I have recently discovered the blog Little Brown Pen by Nichole Robertson. I am so happy and excited as I love looking at her photos of Paris. 

She has a new book out called Paris in Colour, a collection of her divine photos of Paris arranged into colour palettes which started as the Paris colour project on her blog.

In a recent interview on the Cronicle Books blog, this is what Nichole had to say about her photos;
"About a year into the project, I realized I was taking the kind of photos of Paris that as a raging Francophile I wanted to see, but could never find. There are plenty of photos of the Eiffel Tower and sunsets over the Seine, but when I wasn’t in Paris I wanted to BE in Paris. On the streets, sitting at a café, peering into a cheese shop, admiring the cobblestones of Rue Montorgueil, seeing a charming sign for a €10 bouquet of tulips. I didn’t want the Versace-on-the-red-carpet version of Paris, I wanted the Converse and t-shirt Paris. The Paris you see when you step out of the shadows of the monuments."

I have ordered my copy and can't wait to sit down and pour over it when it arrives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment